Product Forums

Have a question about your product? Explore our product forums:

Discuss and share smart home automations

Home Automation Forum

Collaborate on smart home development

Smart Home Developer Forum

Community Activity

Help! Thermostat Wi-Fi dead again

"Searching: No networks found yet"Hello! This is my second reporting of the same issue, now with the thermostat you provided to replace my original. It worked for weeks, then connectivity died (weeks ago, but this thermostat isn't my #1 priority) whi...

ProfG by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest email address unknown

Have read a few posts, but answer not given. Forgot email for Nest account, need to remove thermostats from that acct before adding them to new Google Home acct, doesn’t work to only reset thermostat. So how to recover a lost email address for a nest...

rhyslop_9 by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Action to toggle home/away

Hi. A version of this has already been asked before but the response was really lacking (ie didn't even grasp the question), so I'm asking again in different language.I would like to create an automation that will toggle my home/away setting in Googl...

JSul by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Image from stream now frozen onto chromecast and flickering

Hi, I was casting an app onto my 2nd green chromecast when suddenly it froze. Now the image from when it froze is the only thing showing when I try to use the chromecast, which also flickers. I've tried unplugging the chromecast for 10 minutes, reboo...

Jana22 by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Home app won’t control nest thermostat

Model: Thermostat-1.4. already tried a reset and factory reset. System is up to date. Home app connects to nest but neither the schedule or presets input through the Home app push to the Nest. In other words, I can change the temperature in the app a...

Donny312 by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest E Thermostat

I’ve recently tried to replace my old (heat only thermostat) with nest e. I have a red and white wire on the system, connected them to “r” and “w” respectively. The new thermostat won’t power on. The wires are in the base with buttons depressed. I pu...

B- by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple Nest and Speakers Responding to Commands

We have been enjoying our Google Home setup for over a year andhave had not problems. Yesterday multiple displays and speakers began replying to questions/commands. In the bedroom, when I say "Hey Google, what is the temperature?" the display in the ...

to vote